Senior Systems Administrator
The Senior System Administrator is responsible for providing guidance and oversight of the company’s infrastructure. The role monitors and manages system resources, including CPU usage, disk usage, and response times to maintain operating efficiency. Performs systems security administration functions, including creating user profiles and accounts. Other duties may include setting up administrator accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Provides guidance in planning and design of infrastructure and supporting software.
- Administers and supports core Microsoft, Cisco, IBM, and VMware technologies.
- Experience administering a virtualization environment such as VMware or Hyper-V.
- Experience with enterprise networking fundamentals (VLAN, Firewall, IPv4, etc).
- Monitors, tunes, diagnoses, and resolves complex infrastructure issues.
- Works with the team to ensure capacity planning proactively and optimally satisfies demand.
- Ensures appropriate runbooks and documentation are maintained for critical systems.
- Provides leadership in maintaining and testing business continuity and disaster recovery capabilities.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Develops, tests, and implements complex scripts to automate common functions or system operations.
- Engages vendor support processes when necessary to resolve complexed issues.
- Provides level-3 support for incident and problem management.
- Ensures systems remain current with regards to builds, patches and security fixes.
- When required, participate in after-hour support and/or remote office travel.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent degree with 7-9 years of related experience.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP, DNS and Microsoft exchange.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player, enthusiastic, achievement driven attitude.
- Passion for delivering remarkable customer experience.
- ITIL certification.
- Experience with tiered storage.
- Experience with Tivoli or other backup storage solutions.