The Senior Communications Technician will provide regional telecommunications field support. This role requires a highly motivated individual, capable of working independent of direct supervision, to support a wide array of communications systems. This position will provide direct support of local projects, system preventative maintenance, fault isolation and troubleshooting, and 24 hour on-call support. The technician will also provide support and first level training of field operations personnel.
- Installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting for various types of communication systems, such as voice, data, SCADA, video, microwave, and satellite equipment, in addition to the infrastructure which it supports.
- Assist projects group with the implementation of project related systems.
- Direct local contractors engaged in the installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems.
- Provide support and first level training of field operations personnel.
- Act as first level liaison between field operations and the IT organization.
- Drive standards in the field and provide feedback to the communications engineering team.
- Provide 24×7 on-call support.
- Travel up to 40%.
- A high school degree or G.E.D. is required.
- An Associate’s degree in Electronics or 7 years of equivalent experience in the field of Electronics is required.
- FCC license is preferred.
- A network certification such as a CCNA is a plus.
- 7+ years experience in the installation and/or maintenance of telecommunications systems, including wireless data systems, SCADA, and LAN cabling systems are required.
- Proven experience with phone system and microwave communications systems installation and maintenance are a plus.
- The applicant should be able to utilize test equipment and software required to support telecommunications in the field.
- The applicant should also be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work independently of direct supervision and prioritize assigned activities
- Ability to interact with internal and external teams /clients to solve problems.
- Physical ability to work in an outdoor environment and safely and effectively operate a motor vehicle.