Consultis, a premier Technical Solutions Provider and IT Staffing Firm with the single focus of pairing the right candidate with the right employment opportunity is currently searching for a Senior Investment Accountant for a Direct Hire opportunity (FTE) with our client.
The Senior Investment Accountant is responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate reporting and analysis related to investment accounting. This role specifically addresses the investments held in the General Account of the Life Co and its subsidiaries.
- General Account:
- Responsible for various aspects of accounting, reporting and analytics of the fixed income and equity investment portfolios.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly accruals for various funds and investments.
- Review and correct vendor accounting data by performing validations and enhancing various pre-close tasks.
- Prepare Fair Value adjustments required for impaired securities.
- Perform the accounting for IMR and AVR
- Account for Limited Partnerships, Private Placements, and other Alternative investments
- Prepare monthly accounting statements and ensure proper reinsurance settlements.
- Prepare, review, and validate Investments Schedules for Statutory Filings, including Investment Income Exhibits, Realized/Unrealized Gain/Loss Exhibits and prepare related footnote disclosures.
- Assist with monitoring and replacing securities in statutory deposits.
- Coordinate and review the posting of the investment accounting JEs feed into NetSuite.
- Validation of Clearwater’s financial reports into NetSuite
- Validation of vendors’ Tri-Party reports
- Document policies & procedures.
- Assist in satisfying the requests of internal and external auditors.
- Assist Financial Reporting with completing rating agency surveys (i.e..; S&P, Fitch, AM Best).
Required Qualification or Skills:
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting
- Very strong investment accounting experience with 5+ years in insurance investment accounting for the General Account
- High technical aptitude
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong analytical and sound decision-making skills, ability to work independently
- Excellent written & oral communication with strong interpersonal skills
- familiarity with VBA, SQL and Bloomberg functionality
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Please apply online through Consultis’ application process. This will register you into our database allowing us to better qualify and present you with opportunities. Provide as much information as possible including telephone #s, email, local address, resume, skills, availability, relocation preferences, acceptable travel percentage, salary history, work history, references and job type categories. Should you experience trouble please feel free to contact us directly at 561-750-8745
You may also email your resume to: JudiL@consultis.com
WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER SPONSORSHIP OR THIRD PARTY REPRESENTATION FOR THIS POSITION