WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER SPONSORSHIP OR THIRD-PARTY REPRESENTATION FOR THIS POSITION
Consultis, a premier Technical Solutions Provider and IT Staffing Firm with the single focus of pairing the right candidate with the right employment opportunity is currently searching for a Ruby on Rails Software Developer for a Direct Hire opportunity (FTE) with our client.
Position Overview: Our client is seeking a Ruby on Rails Software Developer who will be working closely with the Product, Design and Engineering teams to develop, define and execute projects.
● You are fluent in one or more backend languages with experience in Ruby is a plus and stay up to date on best practices.
● You try to future-proof everything you create by minimizing built-in assumptions, and writing tests where appropriate.
● Writing DRY/Scalable code.
● You advocate the use of MVC, templating, ORMs, and other techniques.
● Strong documentation skills, whether it be on our wiki page, api docs or commenting in code.
● Participate in the Agile development process to help product and engineering build products that meet user demands.
● Continuously identify places we can improve and refine our products and focus.
● Being proactive, comfortable with change, flexible, and self-starting as new priorities surface.
Required Qualification or Skills:
● Minimum 5-7 years experience as a software engineer building beautiful, scalable, and high visibility web applications. Tech stack: ● Ruby on Rails
● Communicate well, enjoy sharing knowledge, bring something new to the table, and always willing to learn from others.
● Experience working across the full web application stack; preferably with Ruby on Rails.
● Consider solid test coverage to be an important part of the development process. Experience with TDD and testing frameworks is a plus.
● Comfortable with agile principles and a strong believer of the importance of agile when producing high-quality software.
● Constantly strive to improve the quality of your code, ability to break down larger problems into smaller ones, and enjoy finding ways to produce great code at a quick pace. ● Strong problem-solving skills, ability to communicate clearly and thinking outside the box.
Additional nice to have skills (not required)
● Experience with AWS and its family of products
● Comfortable being in the Matrix (Unix command line)
● SPA architecture knowledge and experience
● Enjoys pair programming.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Please apply online through Consultis’ application process. This will register you into our database allowing us to better qualify and present you with opportunities. Provide as much information as possible including telephone #s, email, local address, resume, skills, availability, relocation preferences, acceptable travel percentage, salary history, work history, references and job type categories. Should you experience trouble please feel free to contact us directly at 561-750-8745
You may also email your resume to: JamieC@consultis.com
WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER SPONSORSHIP OR THIRD PARTY REPRESENTATION FOR THIS POSITION