WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER SPONSORSHIP OR THIRD-PARTY REPRESENTATION FOR THIS POSITION
Consultis, a premier Technical Solutions Provider and IT Staffing Firm with the single focus of pairing the right candidate with the right employment opportunity is currently searching for a Ruby on Rails Software Developer for a Direct Hire opportunity (FTE) with our client.
Position Overview: Our client is seeking a Ruby on Rails Software Developer who will be working closely with the Product, Design and Engineering teams to develop, define and execute projects.
● You are fluent in one or more backend languages with experience in Ruby is a plus and stay up to date on best practices.
● You try to future-proof everything you create by minimizing built-in assumptions, and writing tests where appropriate.
● Writing DRY/Scalable code.
● You advocate the use of MVC, templating, ORMs, and other techniques.
● Strong documentation skills, whether it be on our wiki page, api docs or commenting in code.
● Participate in the Agile development process to help product and engineering build products that meet user demands.
● Continuously identify places we can improve and refine our products and focus.
● Being proactive, comfortable with change, flexible, and self-starting as new priorities surface.
Required Qualification or Skills:
● Minimum 5-7 years’ experience as a software engineer building beautiful, scalable, and high visibility web applications.
● Ruby on Rails
● Communicate well, enjoy sharing knowledge, bring something new to the table, and always willing to learn from others.
● Experience working across the full web application stack; preferably with Ruby on Rails.
● Consider solid test coverage to be an important part of the development process. Experience with TDD and testing frameworks is a plus.
● Comfortable with agile principles and a strong believer of the importance of agile when producing high-quality software.
● Constantly strive to improve the quality of your code, ability to break down larger problems into smaller ones, and enjoy finding ways to produce great code at a quick pace.
● Strong problem-solving skills, ability to communicate clearly and thinking outside the box. Additional nice to have skills (not required)
● Experience with AWS and its family of products
● Comfortable being in the Matrix (Unix command line)
● SPA architecture knowledge and experience
● Enjoys pair programming.