The ITAM Analyst provides leadership and guidance for the company’s assets, both physical and software. This role is responsible for the full ITAM lifecycle and is expected to lead the implementation of best practices that enable the company to scale in an optimized fashion while ensuring effective controls around key ITAM risks. Will be specifically focused on Software Asset Management.
- Developing and promoting effective ITAM strategies, policy, approaches, and practices across the full range of digital technology assets used within the organization.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting, and that data completeness and quality issues are quickly identified and escalated to the responsible data or process owners.
- Lead the development and reporting of ITAM KPIs helping highlight continuous improvement. • Gather data on and provide analysis of all activities that have an impact on the value, cost, and risk of digital technology asset life cycles.
- Provide oversight and guidance for software asset management including analyzing usage and providing recommendations for optimizing. Ensure compliance with terms defined by the partner and associated contract.
- Works with IT leadership to structure and negotiate terms and licensing agreements with outside suppliers to obtain the required products that meet business requirements at the most cost-effective terms.
- Provides leadership, oversight, and guidance for the asset discovery process.
- Lead the organization’s response to software vendor license compliance audits or license validation requests.
- Provide input to IT for budgeting with regards to assets annual costs including maintenance.
- Ensure that ITAM-related tools and services are properly evaluated, selected, implemented, configured and maintained, with appropriate integration with other sources of organizational data.
- Provide access to technology asset data in support of essential activities required to support the effective running of the business.
- Administer the IT asset management system to monitor asset life cycle and inventory and provide recommendations to improve efficiency.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science.
- Five or more years of experience.
- IAITAM certified as IT Asset Manager (or comparable certification).
- Deep understanding of the technology asset life cycle (whether digital technology, information, financial or physical assets), best practice governance, tools, and services.
- Experience utilizing ServiceNow CMDB, Software Asset Management, Discovery, and Contracts modules.
- Experience developing and implementing policy, process, and procedures.
- Demonstrated understanding of licensing, subscription, and consumption models.
- Effective at engaging with sourcing, procurement, vendor management, legal, tax, and accounting advisors for additional information
- Proven skills in data processing, analysis and quality management tools Preferred
- ITIL certification