The Controller/Finance Manager is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting and general accounting requirements. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, and the support of budget and forecast activities. The position requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
The Controller/Finance Manager’s areas of responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
• Reporting and Month End and Year End Close: Ensuring internal deadlines are met, driving internal controls, ensuring accurate billing and revenue recognition is in-line with organization’s contractual terms, financial schedules, balance sheet reconciliations, etc. Accountable for financial reporting as required.
• Billing: Oversee and own the end-to-end billing process. This includes, but is not limited to driving process improvements, eliminating non-value add tasks, partnering with the project team to improve and drive the accounts receivables, accounts payable processes, driving, and implementing new process that cement internal controls and/or have a bottom line impact.
• Accounting Operations Support and Process Management: Facilitate communication and standardization between accounting operations and client teams, between account operations teams, and within and across other areas within the organization. Individual is Key financial management and process improvement contributor.
• Staffing: Manage and direct finance billing team while balancing individual contributions with managing a team of direct reports. Provide training and guidance to team on financial transactions and reporting.
• Client Team Support: Coordinate with direct managers and teams to provide excellent customer service to client teams. Strive to improve efficiency among all stakeholders.
Key Technical Skills and Experience Requirements
• Education: B.S. in Accounting or Finance minimum and CPA
• 10+ years experience in the Accounting/Finance field, with 5+ years as a manager
• Full charge accountant manager with experience in AR/AP, Payroll, GL Accounts, Asset Management, Purchasing, and tax reporting.
• Month-end close and financial reporting experience and accountability to include Balance Sheets, Income Statements, Cash Flow reports.
• Experience with billing, project accounting, project bid cost accounting, and process workflow
• Excellent change management skills
• Advance Excel Skills
• Experience with process improvement and improving process workflows
• Strong, effective written and oral communications skills
• Experience with complex, integrated accounting systems
• Ability to resolve complex operational and accounting issues
• Highly motivated, self-starter
• Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines
• Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment